|The first general meeting of the Network took place at the University of Manchester from January 6 to 9, 2005. 135 participants from 20 countries and 61 institutions attented the meeting and conference.
This general meeting was composed of three main components :
- a two days conference, which has been introduced by the European Commissioner for Science and Research, Janez Potočnik (download presentation)
- working group meetings : PRIME has 6+1 working groups corresponding to the activity lines or work packages of the European contract
- space for individual project meetings : PRIME has some 25 projects on-going. Most of them have been presented in the working groups meetings
It was organised in six sessions dedicated to the discussion of major research topics for Europe :
It was complemented by a PhD poster competition whose winner was Rachel Levy from the University of Strasbourg (BETA) (download presentation).
- European resources for Research and Innovation,
- the Challenge of innovation in public services,
- changing institution and institutional relationship in the European research and innovation system,
- Europe and science for developing countries,
- Research policy tools and instruments,
- the European research policy mix.
See also the other participants nominated :